Tuesday, October 18, 2016
The retail/restaurant for rent sign has arrived outside 122 Second Ave. between Seventh Street and St. Mark's Place.
According to the listing, two levels are available in the space whose current tenants include the Ukrainian Sports Club.
Here are more details (PDF here) via KSR Realty:
• Floors can be leased together or separately
• Incredible East Village retail opportunity
• Landlord will install ventilation
• Ownership is installing new façade
• Close proximity 400,000 SF office tower at 51 Astor Place
• Consistent foot traffic with St. Mark’s Place and Astor Place steps away
• Adjecent to Orpheum Theater
And here's a conceptual rendering showing the possibilities...
This is not the first time this space has been available. As we reported in January 2011, the two floors were going for an asking rent of $26,500. The retail-restaurant plans never materialized at that time. There isn't any mention of the asking rent today.
As previously noted, La Mama Experimental Theater Company was here until 1969.