Sunday, June 7, 2020
Week in Grieview
[6th Street at Avenue A]
Posts from this past week included...
• Scenes from the start of Monday night's peaceful protest on Avenue D (Tuesday)
• "You are here profiting off of our fucking pain" (Wednesday)
• Lower East Side against police brutality (Wednesday) More photos of the peaceful protests (Friday)
• Remembering victims of police violence (Friday) And on LinkNYC kiosks (Wednesday)
• Metrograph and Club Cumming are open to protestors this weekend (Saturday) Performance Space New York is now a rest stop for protestors (Friday) On 4th Street, the New York Theatre Workshop opens its door to protestors (Thursday)
• Police shoot knife-wielding man in deli at 10th Street and 3rd Avenue (Thursday)
• Are you interested in volunteering to help East Village businesses? (Friday)
• Reader report: A curfew arrest on 11th Street (Friday)
• Restaurant windows smashed along Avenue A, St. Mark's Place (Monday)
• Here's the moment of the break-in early this morning at Alphabet City Beer Co. (Monday)
• The break-in at Khiladi on Avenue B (Monday)
• Noting another break-in, this time at Rue-B (Monday)
• Protests turn chaotic last night south of Union Square with reports of trash fires on 3rd Avenue (Monday)
• The aftermath of looting on the Bowery last night (Monday)
• More post-protest looting and unrest south of Union Square; Astor Place hit (Tuesday)
• Starbucks on Astor Place hit again; arrests reported nearby (Tuesday)
• 2 break-ins on Avenue A: Village Square Pizza, Tompkins Finest Deli & Grill (Tuesday)
• Anwar Grocery burglarized (Saturday)
• This weeks NY See panel (Thursday)
• 2 break-in attempts in 1 night at East Village Finest Deli (Saturday)
• A reminder about maintaining social distance and wearing a mask on 9th Street (Sunday)
• Something new for the walls at Ray's Candy Store (Friday)
... and Codex Books on Bleecker at the Bowery recently reopened... one or two people in the shop at a time...
...open a few hours a day Thursday through Sunday...
Follow EVG on Instragram or Twitter for more frequent updates and pics.