Wednesday, October 19, 2016
Signs have been posted around the neighborhood via the New York City Rescue Mission asking for donations of gently used clothing (and plus-size clothing) for men and women.
The photo on the flyer shows the current (empty) state of their Clothing Closet. Items mentioned that are needed include coats, scarves, gloves, sweaters, pants, shirts and blankets.
You can make donations in person 24/7 at the New York City Rescue Mission HQ at 90 Lafayette St. between Walker and White.
Other drop-off centers (hours vary) nearby, per the sign:
• Maryhouse, 55 E. Third St. between First Avenue and Second Avenue
• Graffiti Church, 205 E. Seventh St. between Avenue B and Avenue C
• Middle Collegiate Church , 50 E. Seventh St. between First Avenue and Second Avenue
• The Catholic Worker St. Joseph House, 36 E. First St. between First Avenue and Second Avenue
• The Bowery Mission, 227 Bowery near Prince