Friday, February 14, 2020
EVG Etc.: NYC's pink buildings; Fiona Silver's 'Hot Tears'
[Valentine's eve on 3rd and A]
• Study finds that the rate of poverty in NYC remained eight points above the national average (Gothamist ... Fast Company)
• Opposition to the proposed Hotel Special Permit Requirement for the area south of Union Square (CityLand ... Village Preservation)
• Behind the scenes at Veselka (6sqft)
• A feature on residents who live in pink buildings, including at 218 E. Fifth St. (The Post)
• Looking at the architectural cherubs in the East Village (Off the Grid)
• Local singer-songwriter Fiona Silver has a new EP out today (Official site) Watch her new video for "Hot Tears" here.
• Amelia and Christo work on filling the nest (Laura Goggin Photography)
• The ongoing Director's Cup series at the Village East includes "The Big Lebowski," "Raiders of the Lost Ark" and "Do the Right Thing" (Official site)
• And depending on your mood, the Quad is offering up "Pandora and the Flying Dutchman" and "Sid and Nancy" tonight for Valentine's (Official site)
• The newish Wegmans in Brooklyn now offering delivery to parts of Manhattan (NBC New York)
• Remembering Punk magazine’s “Patti Smith Graffiti Contest” from 1976 (Dangerous Minds)
... and the newest attraction in Tompkins Square Park — a (at-the-time steaming) compost pile that arrived yesterday...
[Photo by Derek Berg]
[Photo by Steven]