The folks at d.b.a., where he was the co-founder and owner, have updated the details about a memorial celebrating his life today:
• The bar at 41 First Ave. will be open as usual starting at 1 p.m.
• The memorial service will be held around the corner in the Marble Cemetery on East Second Street between First Avenue and Second Avenue. The memorial, led by non-denominational Life Cycle Celebrant Sacha Jones, begins right at 4 p.m. (People may start arriving at 3:45 p.m.)
• A New Orleans-style Second Line Parade will follow the memorial.
• Afterwards, there will be a slide show in Dennis's memory as well as a showing and silent auction of his photography at d.b.a.
• Please, no flowers, but donations are welcome to Dennis's favorite charity - the d.b.a. bars!
"We the dba family thank you so much for your support and kindness during this time. The bar is open, and we are enjoying a beautiful spring. See you soon …"
[Photo by KM Keller via Facebook]