Wednesday, July 22, 2015
Here's the lineup for the 3rd annual MoRUS film festival
Via the EVG inbox...
The Museum of Reclaimed Urban Space (MoRUS) will partner with community and activist groups to present I [heart] NRCHY: Subversion & The City, which runs Aug. 1-8, with screening times at 8 PM.
This series of shorts, documentaries, oral histories and features will pay homage to the spirit and legacy of anarchy in New York, its impact on the United State and explore self-determined communities fighting for their own forms of power today. Dates, times and locations are as follows:
• Saturday, Aug. 1 @ Orchard Alley, 350-54 East 4th Street between Aves. C & D. 8 PM – TENEMENT MUSEUM presents “Immigrants, Anarchism & the USA” featuring ANARCHISM IN AMERICA, dir. Steven Fischler and Joel Sucher
• Sunday, Aug. 2 @ Orchard Alley, 350-54 East 4th Street between Aves. C & D. 8 PM – ABC NO RIO presents “Bio Terror, Manufactured Fear & State Repression” featuring MARCHING PLAGUE, created by Critical Art Ensemble and STRANGE CULTURE, dir. Lynn Hershman Leeson
• Monday, Aug. 3 @ Le Petit Versailles, 346 East Houston Street between Aves. B & C. 8 PM – THE GOOD FIGHT presents “Neighborhood Narratives” featuring oral histories from contemporary community activists.
• Tuesday, Aug. 4 @ 6th & B Garden, 6th Street and Ave. B. 8 PM – TIME’S UP! presents “Grassroots Gardening and Bicycling Change the City's Urban Design” featuring STILL WE RIDE dir. Andrew Lynn, Elizabeth Press, Chris Ryan, and the debut of the new MoRUS found footage piece titled community gardens: 42 years of Activism in Greening Manhattan with more TBA
• Wednesday, Aug. 5 @ La Plaza Cultural, SW Corner of 9th Street and Ave. C. 8 PM – 350NYC presents “Sustainable Activism” featuring DISRUPTION, dir. Kelly Nyks and Jared P. Scott and IDLE THREAT, dir. George Pakenham (filmmaker in attendance)
• Thursday, Aug. 6 @ La Plaza Cultural,SW Corner of 9th Street and Ave. C. 8 PM – 596 ACRES presents “Reviewing Renewal” featuring REZONING HARLEM dir. Natasha Florentino and Tamara Gubernat and THE RINK, dir. Sarah Friedland (with guest speaker DW Gibson and filmmaker in attendance)
• Friday, Aug. 7 @ El Jardin del Paraiso, 311 East 4th Street between Aves. C & D. 8 PM – INTERFERENCE ARCHIVE presents “Rooted in Community: Filmmakers Collaborating with Community Movements” featuring VOCES DE FILLMORE, dir. Ariana Allensworth, Teresa Basilio, and Regina Eaton; CLAIMING OUR VOICE, dir. Jennifer Pritheeva Samuel and FALLING, dir. Maya Suchak and Imani Peterkin (filmmakers in attendance)
• Saturday, Aug. 8 @ El Jardin del Paraiso, 311 East 4th Street between Aves. C & D. 8 PM – MoRUS presents for the closing night SALT OF THE EARTH, dir. Herbert J. Biberman
A limited supply of all-inclusive passes for $20 are now on sale here or by visiting MoRUS, 155 Avenue C between 9th and 10th Streets during hours of operation. Admission to each individual screening will otherwise require a suggested donation of $5.
Visit the MoRUS website here for more details.
Posted by Grieve at 4:30 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
"ABC NO RIO presents “Bio Terror, Manufactured Fear & State Repression” featuring MARCHING PLAGUE, created by Critical Art Ensemble"
the level of persecution these guys went through at the hands of the FBI remains outrageous, and proof the FBI remains as corrupt as it was under Hoover. Electronic Civil Disobedience and Flesh Machines are essential contmporary texts.
Post a Comment