[Photo on East 13th Street near First Avenue by paddy523]
From the weather people…
Winter Weather Advisory, Wind Chill Advisory
Statement as of 3:59 AM EST on February 15, 2015
...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 1 PM EST this
...Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect from 6 PM this evening
to 9 am EST Monday...
• locations...New York City...Metro New Jersey...Long Island and coastal Connecticut.
• Hazard types...periods of snow...blowing snow and high winds into early this afternoon. Hazardous wind chills after midnight through Monday morning.
• Accumulations...snow accumulation of 1 to 5 inches.
• Winds...northwest 30 to 40 mph with gusts up to 60 mph.
• Temperatures...3 below to 20 above zero.
• Wind chill...as low as 22 below due to temperatures 3 below to
16 above zero...and winds northwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts up
to 45 mph.
• Timing...the strongest winds will occur through early this afternoon. The lowest wind chills will occur after midnight through Monday morning.
And not the first time that we have used the Wind of the Century tag.