Monday, April 11, 2016
That's all for the Royal, a sports bar with 40-plus TVs, on Fourth Avenue between East 12th Street and East 13th Street.
The for rent sign arrived on the front window this past Friday, according to a neighbor.
The Royal opened in January 2013. Previously it was the like-minded Forum.
There isn't any announcement about the rather sudden closure on the Royal's website or social media properties.
Here's some rental info about 127 Fourth Ave. via the RKF listing:
• Located steps from the Union Square subway station, which has an annual subway ridership of 35.6 million, ranked the fourth busiest station
• The area services neighborhood residents, students and office workers
• The space is fully vented for cooking
• Lower Level can be used for seating and prep
• Previous tenant’s installation is in excellent condition including all kitchen equipment and HVAC
• Full liquor-license in place with 74 seats
• Tenant can apply for Public Assembly to achieve additional seats
There's no mention of the rent for the two-level space that totals more than 6,600 square feet.