As you know, Target has signed a lease to anchor the retail space in Extell's new development rising on Avenue A and 14th Street.
And yesterday, Target shared details about the flexible-format store, projected to open in summer 2018 at 500 E. 14th St.
Via the EVG inbox...
Growth in urban markets is a priority for Target, and Target’s flexible store design allows for store locations in smaller locations and assortments are tailored to meet the needs of local guests. The East Village Target store will be approximately 27,000 square feet on two-levels, with 9,500 square feet on the street level and 17,700 on the lower level. The locally-relevant, catered assortment for urban guests will include:
· An assortment of men’s and women’s apparel and accessories
· Home items dedicated to refreshing small living spaces, as well as urban apartment and condo essentials
· Food selections, including grab-and-go items spanning sandwiches, salads, beverages, snacks, and more
· Health, personal care and beauty products including a multicultural assortment
· Portable technology products and accessories
· Services include Target Mobile and Order Pickup
Flexible-format stores are a priority for Target and guests have responded well to having these customized stores available in areas where they previously couldn’t have been opened before.
In a prepared statement, Mark Schindele, senior vice president, Properties, Target, said: "We’re thrilled to be partnering with Extell Development for this terrific location just below Stuyvesant Town, and we can’t wait to be part of the East Village neighborhood."
Target is only taking half of the available retail space at 500 E. 14th St. So there is room for another largish retailer.
Previously on EV Grieve:
[Updated with correction] 8-lot parcel of East 14th Street primed for new development
New 7-floor buildings for East 14th Street include 150 residential units
Breaking (pretty much!): Target is coming to 14th Street and Avenue A (55 comments)
More on Target, and a look at its incoming home on 14th Street and Avenue A