The Trader Joe's opens Monday morning at 8 here at 436 E. 14th St. just west of Avenue A... EVG regular Greg Masters snapped these shots yesterday (thanks also to Gojira for a heads up) ...
An EVG tipster told us in early November that Jan. 6 was to be the opening day.
EVG reader Mr. Baggs also shared photos... new employees are on the scene...
Industry pub Grocery Dive had a few more details about this TJ's:
It features local artwork and is headed by a "store captain" with 14 years of experience with the company. This will be Trader Joe's ninth location in New York City and its second in the East Village neighborhood.
This TJ's boasts 8,531 square feet of ground-floor space with 14,170 square feet on a lower level.
This is the final step in the long evolution (first reported in May 2017!) of the new EV TJ's, just a few blocks from the Union Square outpost that opened in 2006.
The location is in the retail space of the newish 8-story luxury rental called EVE. This development is on the site of the onetime Peter Stuyvesant Post Office (1951-2014).
According to Grocery Dive, Trader Joe's has not indicated any plans to reinstate the home-delivery service that it discontinued last March.
Previously on EV Grieve:
• Trader Joe's finally confirms that a Trader Joe's is opening on 14th Street at Avenue A
• All about EVE, the Peter Stuyvesant Post Office-replacing rentals on 14th Street
• Claim: A Trader Joe's won't be coming to new development at 14th and A after all
• Trader Joe's: No current plans for grocery at 432-438 E. 14th St.
• Looks like there's a Trader Joe's coming to 432-438 E. 14th St. after all